Orbsmart S87 PRO
The Orbsmart S87 PRO is a TV box with a fully fledged Android operating system. The device is equipped with the latest quad-core processor S905X4 plus 4GB DDR4 RAM. This chipset is one of the few on the market that already supports the latest AV1 video codec. For a stable and fast connection, the latest Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 standards are supported. Thanks to 4K Ultra-HD (incl. HDR10+) support and the pre-installed KODI Mediacenter, there are no limits to your Smart TV experience!
- 4K (UHD) playback support including HDR10+ & AV1 video codec
- Full Android 11 OS version including Play Store access
- Quad Core Cortex-A55 processor / 4GB DDR4 RAM / 32GB internal memory
- HDMI 2.1 / Gigabit LAN / USB 3.0 + Type-C / Wi-Fi 6 / Bluetooth 5.0
- Root access (SuperSU) possible
- Automatic frame rate switching
- Portrait/Portrait mode possible
- Touchscreen support (HID) via USB
- Autostart function (automatic startup when power is applied)
- Automatic start of an app after booting & loop function possible (optional)
- Fanless 24×7 operation possible + WIFI antennas can be unscrewed
- Navigation bar & notification bar (each can be hidden)
- AML S905X4 quad-core CPU
- Mali-G31 MP2
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32GB internal memory
- Android 11 OS
- WIFI 802.11b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4/5 GHz) 2×2 MIMO
- Gigabit LAN
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 1x HDMI 2.1
- 3x USB 3.0
- 1x USB Type-C (OTG)
- 1x USB 2.0
- 1x S/PDIF
- 117 x 117 x 18.5 mm / 300g
- Power supply DC 5V/3A
Where to buy
The S87 Pro is equipped with powerful, completely silent and energy-efficient hardware. The quad-core Cortex-A55 CPU (AML S905X4) and 4GB of DDR4 RAM memory enable absolutely smooth operation, even for demanding applications and games. Even under full load, the power consumption of this power-saving Android TV box is only a few watts. You also have just under 32GB of free memory at your disposal.
With the S87 Pro you have access to the full-fledged Android 11 version, which is particularly characterized by its stability and speed. As usual on the smartphone or tablet, operation is simple and intuitive. Now you can finally access the Internet comfortably with your TV. The interface has been optimized for use on a TV.
With the Play Store (formerly Android Market) you have the almost free choice over now more than 1 million available Android apps. Install your favorite apps like YouTube, Skype or games like PUBG or Fortnite and many more. Even unavailable apps can be installed manually via .apk file.
4K HDR Media Player
WIFI 6 + Bluetooth 5.0
As one of the few Android TV boxes on the market, the S87 Pro supports the latest Wi-Fi 6 standard (2×2 MIMO 2.4/5GHz) in addition to Bluetooth 5.0, which enables high speed and range. In addition, all important ports are available: three full-fledged USB 3.0 ports + one USB 2.0 port (e.g. for mouse/keyboard, USB hard drive, and more), 1x USB Type-C (OTG), HDMI 2.1 (max. 4K@75fps), SPDIF (Optical), and a Gigabit LAN port.
Directly included: a simple airmouse with gyro sensor. Easily and comfortably control the S87 Pro from your sofa with hand movements (similar to Wii controls). A microphone is also directly integrated.
What are the differences between the S87 and S87 PRO?
The differences of the hardware can be compared in the table below. Basically, the S87 PRO has better equipment (WIFI 6, Bluetooth 5.0, Gigabit LAN, USB Type-C) and more PRO features (including root – SuperSU, autostart function, touch support (HID), native 4K resolution in the user interface, portrait mode).
What is included in the scope of delivery?
The scope of delivery includes an HDMI cable, an Airmouse remote control, an EU power supply and a German manual.
Is a TV mount (VESA) included in the scope of delivery?
No, there is none included in the scope of delivery. Due to its small size and weight, the S87 PRO can be attached using simple methods (e.g. double-sided adhesive tape, etc.).
What sound formats are supported?
5.1 DTS / Dolby AC3 are supported by the preinstalled KODI Mediacenter.
Is Chromecast integrated?
No. As an alternative, we recommend the CetusPlay or Web Video Cast apps, for example.
Can the Android TV box also be controlled via smartphone?
Yes, we recommend the CetusPlay app, for example.
Is the device rooted?
The S87 PRO is not rooted. This function (SuperSU) can be enabled in the settings.
How do I use the teach-in function of the remote control?
The remote control of the S87 PRO can learn a button from another infrared remote control (e.g. TV or AV receiver).
1. Align your IR remote control with the infrared LED facing the infrared LED of the Orbsmart remote control. The relative distance should be no more than two centimeters.
2. Press and hold the right power button on the Orbsmart remote control for three seconds until the LED indicator lights up continuously. Press the right power button again. Then the LED indicator of the Orbsmart remote control will start flashing.
3. Now press the desired button on your IR remote control.
4. The Orbsmart remote control flashes three times to confirm successful learning.
|Processor / GPU||Quadcore Allwinner Cortex-A53 @ 1.5GHz||Quadcore AML S905W2 Cortex-A35 @ 1.8GHz||Quadcore AML S905X4 Cortex-A55 @ 2.0GHz||Quadcore RK3568 Cortex-A55 @ 1.8GHz|
|Main Memory / Int. Memory||4GB DDR4 RAM / 32GB internal memory||4GB DDR4 RAM / 32GB internal memory||4GB DDR4 RAM / 32GB internal memory||8GB DDR4 RAM / 64GB internal memory|
|Operating system||Android 12||Android 11||Android 11||Android 11|
|Connections||1x HDMI 2.0, 3x USB 2.0, 1x 100 Mbit-LAN, 1x SPDIF, 1x AV-Out, microSD card slot||1x HDMI 2.1, 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x 100 Mbit LAN, 1x SPDIF, 1x AV-Out, microSD card slot||1x HDMI 2.1, 3x USB 3.0 + 1x USB 3.0 Type-C, 1x USB 2.0, 1x Gigabit-LAN, 1x SPDIF, 1x AV-Out||1x HDMI 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, 1x Gigabit-LAN, 1x SPDIF, microSD card slot|
|WIFI / Bluetooth||802.11b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4/5GHz) / Bluetooth 5.0||802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz) / Bluetooth 4.2||802.11b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4/5GHz) / Bluetooth 5.0||802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz) / Bluetooth 4.2|
|Maximum resolution||4K Ultra HD (max. 60Hz)||4K Ultra HD (max. 75Hz)||4K Ultra HD (max. 75Hz)||4K Ultra HD (max. 60Hz)|